Occupational therapy is a skilled intervention that is intended for children and adults with health conditions that significantly affect their ability to manage their daily lives and need to regain their independence.
IPT’s occupational therapist uses the latest therapeutic techniques to help patients with physical and cognitive
deficits to perform the activities of daily living (ADLs). We specialize in the evaluation and treatment of adults as well as pediatrics with a variety of conditions.
Common occupational therapy interventions include helping children with disabilities to participate fully in school and social situations, helping people recovering from injury to regain skills, and providing supports for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes.
Types of patients requiring OT services can include, but is not limited to the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Orthopedic conditions/injuries to the upper extremity/hand
- Joint replacements
- Genetic syndromes
- Cerebral palsy
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Developmental disorders
Occupational Therapy offers an open treatment gym area or private treatment rooms to provide a wide range of services and assist patients to achieve their highest level of functional independence through a wide range of therapeutic approaches including:
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL)/self-care Retraining
- Instrumental Activities of Daily Living Retraining
- Adaptive Equipment Training
- Perceptual/Cognitive Retraining
- Strength Training
- Joint Mobilization
- Range of Motion/Stretching
- Physical Agent Modalities
- Joint Protection Techniques
- Posture/Body Mechanics
- Energy Conservation Techniques
- Coordination/Dexterity Retraining
- Neuromuscular Re-education
- Visual Perceptual Retraining
- Handwriting Intervention
- Sensory Intervention
- Clinical Driving Evaluations
For additional information on Occupational Therapy, contact
- Lori Snodgrass, OTR/L, CHT, CEIM
- Marisa Salmeri, OTR/L.
- Ankan Bhomick, OTR/L.
- Jennifer Cook, OTR/L.
- Lisa Glenn, OTR/L.
To schedule an appointment, contact our Central Scheduling Department at (260) 209-2464.